Mens Rights Attorney

Call Today

How To File For Paternity In Florida?

To file for paternity in Florida, start by completing Family Law Form 12.983(a), Petition to Determine Paternity and for Related Relief with the circuit court in the county where you live. This form is used by individuals who want to establish paternity, time-sharing and child support for a child. Typically, it is applied under one of the following circumstances:

Once the form is filed, the individual filing for paternity must serve notice of the action on the other individual concerned. If the father is not known or cannot be located, the mother can serve notice through publication in newspapers, a process known as constructive service.

Contact us today for a free no obligation consultation.
Call 239-829-0166 or 866-995-0166 or email us.

Additional information about paternity and fathers’ rights in Florida can be found on these pages of our web site: