What Are The Facts Regarding Domestic Violence Against Men?
- 835,000 men are victims of violence each year — Findings From the National Violence Against Women Survey
- Male victims of domestic violence were twice as likely to be assaulted with a knife (10.8%), threatened with a knife (21.6%), or hit with a hard object capable of causing serious injury (43.2% ) as female victims — Findings From the National Violence Against Women Survey; analysis by http://www.batteredmen.com
- Men are less likely to report abuse than women
- Domestic violence is not limited to injury-inducing violence, but also threats, slaps and other forms of abuse, including psychological abuse
- Men have the same rights as women when it comes to being protected against domestic violence
Additional information about domestic violence toward men can be found on these pages of our web site: