Mens Rights Attorney

Call Today

Do I Have To Pay Child Support If The Mother Of The Child Keeps Me Away?

Yes. Child support and time sharing are two separate and distinct issues. Each parent has an obligation to support his or her child(ren). With one narrow exception, Florida law does not allow a parent to withhold support because of disputes over time sharing. There is an exception, and that is if a parent disappears for a lengthy period so that the other parent cannot enjoy their time sharing rights with the child(ren), the courts have ruled that the noncustodial parent's duty to pay child support may be temporarily suspended.

No matter what the circumstances, if you believe that your former spouse/mother of the child is interfering with your time sharing rights, the appropriate remedy is to return to court to have your rights enforced. Do not stop making support payments.

Contact us today for a free no obligation consultation.
Call 239-829-0166 or 866-995-0166 or email us.