Mens Rights Attorney

Call Today

How Can I Get Interest Waived On Past Due Child Support In Florida?

If a parent is in arrears in paying child support, the Florida Department of Revenue will automatically charge interest on the amount in arrears. This can cause child support payments to drag on for years past the child's 18th birthday and make it very difficult to finally get your child support obligation paid off.

However, it is possible to get the interest on the arrears waived and make your child support situation more manageable. For the Department of Revenue to agree to waive the interest, the other parent must agree to it and there must be no money owed to the state. If the other parent is agreeable, get started by contacting your attorney and getting the proper forms filled out.

Contact us today for a free no obligation consultation.
Call 239-829-0166 or 866-995-0166 or email us.

Additional information about child support law in Florida can be found on these pages of our web site: